Monday, July 27, 2009

E.R.


So Friday started off pretty well for me... Woke up on time for work. Check. Got to work and ate my milk and cereal bar (Honey Nut Cheerios) while watching my new guilty pleasure The George Lopez show. Check. Had a debilitating pain in my abdomen causing me discomfort that would force me to leave work. CHECK?

Yeah at around 9 am the crap hit the proverbial fan. I could barely move, sweating bullets, and white as a golf ball (Ghost is so overused). I called Lee and said you need to make me a doctors appointment and proceeded to drive home. When I arrived home I was informed that my appointment was at 11 am and I should get some rest. Upon arrival I went to check in and was told that since the office switched to Compass Medical I would have to fill out all my forms again. Sheesh this is only the start of my horrible no good very bad day.

So after waiting what seemed like a lifetime (40 minutes) I asked LeeAnn if I had been forgotten about. I was than seen soon after that. My Doc thought I might have a strangulated hernia and told me to go to the ER... after nearly passing out from the pain while leaving her office I got in the car and to put it in not so gross terms lost IT.

I then went through many hoops in the ER for them to tell me after a CAT Scan, Ultrasound, and 8 hours of poking and prodding that I more than likely had kidney stones or a groin pull. I was prescribed Motrin and Perks for the pain, and told that they would work themselves out. I woke up on Saturday morning and felt completely fine. AARGH!!!

2 comments:

  1. that's because we were all praying for you ;) sillyyyy. your blog makes me laugh, drew- keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, you've got a way with words and it's very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete